Berry College is located next to Rome on U.S. 27 in northwest Georgia. It offers an unusually beautiful environment for learning on its 28,000-acre campus, one of the world's largest. Fields, forests, lakes and mountains provide scenic beauty in a protected natural setting.
Berry was founded in 1902 by Martha Berry (1866-1942) as a school for enterprising rural boys when few public schools existed in Georgia. A girls' school was added in 1909. Berry became one of the nation's most successful educational experiments, combining academic study, student work and interdenominational Christian religious emphasis. A junior college was established in 1926 and a four-year college in 1930; graduate programs in Business and Education were added in 1972.
The building of the college utilized the natural resources on campus. The majority of the buildings are constructed of wood and stone from the area. The student body contributed greatly in the early building of the school.
More information can be found HERE