~ Niagara Falls ~





American Falls

Canada


The many faces of the American Falls



View from the Observation Tower

Mossy rocks in the mist

It was a busy day at Niagara Falls

Rainbow Bridge over the Niagara River





The Niagara River going over the edge

And heading for Bridal Veil Falls


American Falls from Bridal Veil

Bridal Veil Falls


Over the edge between American and Bridal Veil

Bridal Veil Rainbow
When we arrived at Niagara Falls, it was still overcast. By the time we reached Bridal Veil the sun started to shine causing many rainbows along the falls.

Over the edge near Bridal Veil

Another look at the rainbow

People getting wet

Over the Bridal Veil edge

Bridal Veil Falls

Another rainbow

Horseshoe Falls

A little known fact about Horseshoe Falls, which is commonly known as the Canadian Falls, is that approximately one-third of the Horseshoe is in US territory. The International Boundary runs along the far side of Green Island, which is the small island above the Horseshoe Falls. The Porter brothers purchased this 1.5 acre island in 1816 and constructed a paper mill there. After the Niagara Reservation State Park was established in 1885, the buildings on this island were demolished.

Another fact about the flow of water over the three falls is that it represents about 30% of the water flowing down the Niagara River from Lake Erie. The other 70% is diverted to propel the hydro-generators, which provide electricity for the area.






The end of the horseshoe

The Maid of the Mist

Upriver





Some flowers on the way out of the park








Music is "Beauty"

I Am A Member Of:
The Phenomenal Men Of The Web?
The Phenomenal Men Of The Web

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Back to 2010 Travel
Back to Travel Photography
Back Home

THERE HAVE BEEN

VISITORS TO THIS SITE SINCE OCTOBER 9, 2000